create charts

thimoo...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2020, 6:39:44 AM8/21/20
I have a question. how do you make a graph of your ntp server and is that possible

David Taylor

Aug 21, 2020, 6:52:49 AM8/21/20
On 21/08/2020 11:39, thimoo...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a question. how do you make a graph of your ntp server and is that possible

One example is here:
https://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/NTPandMRTG.html

--
Cheers,
David

thimoo...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2020, 7:01:17 AM8/21/20
Op vrijdag 21 augustus 2020 om 12:52:49 UTC+2 schreef David Taylor:
> On 21/08/2020 11:39, thimoo...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I have a question. how do you make a graph of your ntp server and is that possible

i need a linux version

David Taylor

Aug 21, 2020, 9:13:41 AM8/21/20
The tools I use - MRTG and Perl - run on Linux.

Uwe Klein

Aug 21, 2020, 9:37:48 AM8/21/20
gnuplot is your friend.
http://www.gnuplot.info/

beyond the terminal there are a range of graph. toolkit frontends around.

Uwe

David Woolley

Aug 21, 2020, 10:37:48 AM8/21/20
On 21/08/2020 11:39, thimoo...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a question. how do you make a graph of your ntp server and is that possible

What parameter do you want to represent? Remember that the actual error
from true time is never known, because, if it could be known, it could
be made to be zero.

William Unruh

Aug 21, 2020, 12:49:40 PM8/21/20
He of course has not told us what he wants to graph, or what his problem
is in trying to do so. He cannot "make a graph of your server", since
about the only thing accessible to him is time reported by the server
Without some other time standard (gpstime, his own computer, some other server,etc) there is
nothing to plot.

Uwe Klein

Aug 23, 2020, 8:10:47 AM8/23/20
Anybody else getting "request received" from TheFork
and a bunch of "undeliverable" from uscc.net

for each posting to comp.protocols.time.ntp ?

Uwe

William Unruh

Aug 23, 2020, 11:23:30 AM8/23/20
On 2020-08-23, Uwe Klein <u...@klein-habertwedt.de> wrote:

> Anybody else getting "request received" from TheFork
> and a bunch of "undeliverable" from uscc.net
>
> for each posting to comp.protocols.time.ntp ?

Nope, not here.

Not sure what you mean by "getting". emails? error messages? Popups?
I use slrn, and am seeing none of those messages.

Rob van der Putten

Sep 16, 2020, 2:15:02 PM9/16/20
Hi there

On 23/08/2020 14:10, Uwe Klein wrote:

<Cut>

> Anybody else getting "request received" from TheFork
> and a bunch of "undeliverable" from uscc.net
>
> for each posting to comp.protocols.time.ntp ?

I got some canned replies from various help desks, including the fork's,
claiming that I contacted them.

On topic, something like this perhaps?
http://www.sput.nl/ntpstats/
Uses bash, grep, awk and rrdtool.