ntp-4.0.95 is available (release candidate)

Harlan Stenn

Jul 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/28/99
This release contains 1 portability patch and a new Windows/NT port.

Diffs from 4.0.94b are available.

<ftp://ftp.udel.edu/pub/ntp/testing/>

From the ChangeLog:

1999-07-27 Harlan Stenn <st...@whimsy.udel.edu>

* configure.in: 4.0.95

* ports/winnt: New release
From: Sven Dietrich <Sven_D...@trimble.com>

1999-07-26 Harlan Stenn <st...@whimsy.udel.edu>

* libntp/machines.c (ntp_set_tod): Bugfix
From: Andrej Borsenkow <Andrej.B...@mow.siemens.ru>

1999-07-25 Harlan Stenn <st...@whimsy.udel.edu>

* configure.in: 4.0.94b

Carl Byington

Jul 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/28/99

Harlan Stenn

Jul 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/29/99
ca...@five-ten-sg.com (Carl Byington) writes:

> I have not been able to build it on Linux. I get:
>
> ../include/ntp_syscall.h:29: warning: `struct ntptimeval' declared inside
> parameter list

> It seems that the ntptimeval structure is being referenced, but is not
> defined by the prior includes in ntp_syscall.h.

Yes, somebody else reported it, too.

Linux has a broken/defective sys/timex.h .

I'll work on a patch tomorrow.

In the meantime, edit the generated config.h file and disable
KERNEL_PLL.

Andy Hall

Jul 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/30/99
In addition, the Arcron MSF clock driver (27) no longer seems to work in any
4.x build that I Have tried. Worked perfectly in 3.x. Please could
somebody fix.....

Andy

Chris Davies

Jul 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/30/99
In article <37a1...@nt1.hall.gl>, an...@hall.gl (Andy Hall) wrote:

> In addition, the Arcron MSF clock driver (27) no longer seems to work in any
> 4.x build that I Have tried. Worked perfectly in 3.x. Please could
> somebody fix.....

As I said on 14th July, we're working on it here, and will post our fixes when
we're completely happy.

Chris

--
FLARE Solutions Ltd, LEEDS, UK
Tel: 07970 987909 Email: <in...@roaima.demon.co.uk>

Russell Aspinwall

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
I downloaded the latest version of NTP (within last two weeks), and built 64 bit
code under Solaris 7 and it is working with the Arcron Clock.
If any one is interested I will make the compiled binaries available on my
companies ftp site . I have modified the code to use the directory /etc/inet as
the default directory for ntp.conf.

Russell