TCP from shell scripts

Gary Mills

Aug 4, 1992, 11:45:40 AM8/4/92
I suspect that somebody has written Unix software to allow shell
scripts to act as TCP clients and servers. What I would like to
do is call a command from a script that connects to and communicates
with a server on another host, much like rsh can do. The server
would have to be a front-end that execs another script. I have
found something called ``superserver'' that works like this, but
does more than I need. Is there anything else like this? I don't
want to reinvent any wheels.

--
-Gary Mills- -Networking Group- -U of M Computer Services-

KP KP

Aug 6, 2022, 5:25:39 PMAug 6
I did. Need help?