DNS-SD registration of "printer_queue1" failed with -65548

munish...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2014, 8:11:49 AM4/9/14
I'm using Linux [ RHEL 5] , our team manages printing via this server , the printing uses CUPS 1.3.7 .

We experienced very reliable printing for more than a year and a half , but since last 2 weeks our printing is delayed intermittently and queues are getting disabled , we need to use scripts to enable it by running cronjobs .

While we checked the error logs , it showed the below message a lot of times for multiple queues "DNS-SD registration of "printer_queue1" failed with -65548" We have etc/resolv.conf file with the correct active DNS server's IP . When we do NS look-up as a loop continuously, there is no lapse and also it shows the primary DNS is used to resolve the name to IP .

No changes are performed to the CUPS or at network level . Is there a possibility for cups to multicast [mdns] the hostname, in order to resolve the IP instead of using the /etc/resolv.conf file.

when I grep in ps -ef command to get the process of connectivity

socket://hostname.site.company.com:9100 1632881 User1 Local Downlevel Document 1 job

Please share your thoughts like why the -65548 error occurs and possible troble shooting steps.