Re: Pointing to two DNS servers on an Ubuntu 22.04 host.

Hayden McParlane

Feb 23, 2023, 11:38:55 AM2/23/23
Hello,

During the process of automating developer setup for a cloud-based application I'm attempting to point the developers host to two DNS services. This is necessary because developers will need access to GitHub through the public internet while also accessing domains on a local minikube cluster through ingress-dns. Does anyone know how this can be achieved? Thank you very much for your time and help.

Warmest regards,
Hayden

Marco Moock

Feb 23, 2023, 2:00:59 PM2/23/23
Am 23.02.2023 um 08:38:53 Uhr schrieb Hayden McParlane:

> During the process of automating developer setup for a cloud-based
> application I'm attempting to point the developers host to two DNS
> services.

In Ubuntu desktop, the Networkmanager is being used. Change IPv4/IPv6
DNS in the settings. Either via nm-connection-editor in the GUI, nmtui
or nmcli.

Hayden McParlane

Feb 23, 2023, 2:15:14 PM2/23/23
Thanks for the reply.

Doesn't this solution only allow connection to one of the two required networks at a time? I.e, developers would need to manually switch the network they're using in order to push to GitHub or point at Minikube. I'm hoping there's a solution that allows fallback in the event that DNS over the internet doesn't resolve thereby easing developer interaction with the codebase.

Marco Moock

Feb 23, 2023, 3:12:57 PM2/23/23
Am 23.02.2023 um 11:15:13 Uhr schrieb Hayden McParlane:

> Doesn't this solution only allow connection to one of the two
> required networks at a time?

You can have multiple network connections at the same time - regardless
of DNS.

Hayden McParlane

Feb 23, 2023, 3:21:16 PM2/23/23
Cool cool. I'll attempt this and report back. Thanks for the response!