Samba Install problem on OS/390

Paul Matthews

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98

I am trying to install Samba on a OS/390 V2R6 system & not being a very
literate Unix persion I am stuck. When I run the Make to compile the
Binaries I get the following error:
Compiling server.c
SEVERE ERROR CBC5002: Virtual storage exceeded.
FSUM3065 The COMPILE step ended with return code 16.
FSUM3017 Could not compile server.c. Correct the errors and try again.
FSUM8226 make: Error code 3

I am running with the Largest region size I can 9216K but I am not sure
that region size is the problem I suspect there maybe some enviromental
setting or something else that can be set to provide enough Virtual
Storage. I've read everything I can find but I nothing relating to a
Virtual Storage shortage fix..

Anyone have any ideas on how I can progress?

Thanks in Advance
Paul Matthews
Snr Sys Prog.
Sterling Software (NMD) - Sydney Office..

Rolf Aebi

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
Hi Paul,

try it with REGION=0K

maybe this works

Rolf

AndreA!

Feb 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/15/99
Is your c/c++ compiler enabled in IFAPRDxx ?
Regards, Andrea.

cristian.f...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2014, 1:20:56 PM12/3/14
El jueves, 24 de diciembre de 1998 05:00:00 UTC-3, Rolf Aebi escribió:
> Hi Paul,
>
> try it with REGION=0K
>
> maybe this works
>
> Rolf