AT Commands for Dialup Connection

lewi...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2007, 6:45:16 AM3/5/07
Hi,
i hope i don't repeat a question already done.

I have to make a Internet Connection with modem Siemens M20T (Gsm/Gprs
modem), and i have to use AT Commands.

How can i do?
the command ATD*99# is of course not sufficient.

I hope somebody can help me.

Regards,
Lewix

Andreas Hezel

Mar 5, 2007, 9:34:29 AM3/5/07
lewi...@gmail.com schrieb:

I don't know the M20T but i try following sequence:

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","APN"
ATD*99***1#

Replace APN through the name of the APN of your provider.

Example:
at+cgdcont=1,"IP","web.vodafone.de"
OK
atd*99***1#
CONNECT
~ÿ}#À!}!}"} }=}!}$}&@}#}%Â#€}%}&¡ò]Y}"}&}

Maybe there is more to do:
AT+CGATT=1 attach to GPRS network (normally includes in atd*99#)
AT+CGATT? should return +CGATT: 1
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","APN" context definition (explained above)
AT+CGACT=1 PDP context activation
AT+CGDATA="PPP",1 enter data mode

Regards
--
Andreas Hezel
Andreas Hezel ---> Mail: Andrea...@gmx.de

lewix

Mar 5, 2007, 12:04:59 PM3/5/07
On 5 Mar, 15:34, Andreas Hezel <AndreasHe...@gmx.de> wrote:
> lewixl...@gmail.com schrieb:
> Andreas Hezel ---> Mail: AndreasHe...@gmx.de

Hello!
Thanks for your answer.
Ok this evening i try your code!
With your code i will able to connect my pc to internet? My goal is
this.

Thanks
Lewix

Andreas Hezel

Mar 5, 2007, 2:57:13 PM3/5/07
lewix schrieb:

> Hello!
> Thanks for your answer.
> Ok this evening i try your code!
> With your code i will able to connect my pc to internet? My goal is
> this.

Tell me more about what you are doing. I am nut sure that the M20T
supports GPRS.

Wich OS do you use on your PC? (Win/Linux which Version?) It's difficult
to help if you don't know everything.

I have written the AT Commands to open a GPRS Connection. If you want a
normal Dial In Connection dial with ATDnumber the number of your
internet provider.

--
Andreas Hezel

Andreas Hezel ---> Mail: Andrea...@gmx.de

lewix

Mar 5, 2007, 4:10:40 PM3/5/07
> Andreas Hezel ---> Mail: AndreasHe...@gmx.de

Hi!
Yes Siemens M20T is a Gsm/Gprs modem.
The OS is Ms Windows (XP).
I have to develop an application (in C# but if needed i know well also
C++) which automatically connect to internet by this device.
I have no driver of this modem, so i have to comunicate by serial port
with AT Commands.
If I send (for debug i use Hyper Terminal) ATD*99# the string CONNECT
appears, after many binary chars, but after 10 seconds appears the
string "NO CARRIER". Maybe i have to make a chap autentication to the
provider?
My Gprs provider (i live in Italy) is Vodafone, i use APN="internet".

Thanks really for your help, i will offer a beer :)

Lewix

Andreas Hezel

Mar 6, 2007, 2:33:08 AM3/6/07
lewix schrieb:

> I have to develop an application (in C# but if needed i know well also
> C++) which automatically connect to internet by this device.
> I have no driver of this modem, so i have to comunicate by serial port
> with AT Commands.

I don't know if it is not easier to use the Windows dial up Network you
can use a standard modem driver, dial ATD*99# and enter +cgdcont... to
the modem init string in the modem options?

There i have seen a interface to use the Win DUN in C but i have no
experience with it and it is not free :-(
http://www.marshallsoft.com/mdd_4c.htm

> If I send (for debug i use Hyper Terminal) ATD*99# the string CONNECT
> appears, after many binary chars, but after 10 seconds appears the
> string "NO CARRIER". Maybe i have to make a chap autentication to the
> provider?

That sounds good. Now you have to connect your pp to make the
authentication.

--
Andreas Hezel

Andreas Hezel ---> Mail: Andrea...@gmx.de

shah...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2017, 4:42:32 AM11/24/17
Hi Lewix
Could u finally establish the dial up connection with AT Commands ? If Yes, do let me know on shah...@gmail.com as I am exactly looking for the same thing.

Your immediate reply would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Sulax Shah

Moe Trin

Nov 25, 2017, 11:41:08 AM11/25/17
On Fri, 24 Nov 2017, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.protocols.ppp, in article
<c80894a3-59b9-44f4...@googlegroups.com>, shah...@gmail.com
wrote:

>On Monday, 5 March 2007 17:15:16 UTC+5:30, lewi...@gmail.com wrote:

Do you REALLY think the O/P is reading this newsgroup TEN YEARS later?

>> I have to make a Internet Connection with modem Siemens M20T
>> (Gsm/Gprs modem), and i have to use AT Commands.

>> How can i do?

>Could u finally establish the dial up connection with AT Commands ?

No, he was probably kicked out of school for not paying attention

>If Yes, do let me know on shah...@gmail.com

Post here - read here

>as I am exactly looking for the same thing.

and you didn't bother to listen to the instructor either.

>Your immediate reply would be highly appreciated.

[xeus ~]$ host 14.139.121.2
Host 2.121.139.14.in-addr.arpa. not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
[xeus ~]$ whois 14.139.121.2
{...}
inetnum: 14.139.121.0 - 14.139.121.15
netmame NKN-SRU-GUJ
descr: Sardar Patel University
{...}
[xeus ~]$

This isn't "do my homework for me" - but if the university admin can't
even set up a DNS server, maybe you should find a more competent
school.

Old guy