Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

MLMA Protocol (Multi Level Multi Access Protocol) ??

464 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Adarsh

ongelezen,
3 jun 2001, 01:10:0303-06-2001
aan
Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me what exactly is a MLMA protocol? Where
can I find more information on it and how to implement a simple
version in C/C++ ?? Has it got anything to do with CSMA/CD ?? Any
piece of info on the above will be immensely helpful. Thank you!

Adarsh
--------------------------------------
WIP_IPOAv6 project group
Telecom and Inter-networking solutions
Wipro Technologies
Bangalore
India
--------------------------------------

Adarsh

ongelezen,
3 jun 2001, 01:10:0403-06-2001
aan

Adarsh

ongelezen,
3 jun 2001, 01:10:0403-06-2001
aan

Adarsh

ongelezen,
3 jun 2001, 01:10:0403-06-2001
aan

E. Douglas Jensen

ongelezen,
25 jun 2001, 13:10:4725-06-2001
aan
On 2 Jun 2001 22:10:03 -0700, adar...@mail.com (Adarsh) wrote:

> Can anyone please tell me what exactly is a MLMA protocol?

If I remember my protocol history correctly,
MLMA is one (IBM's) name for, or version of, a media access
protocol that is based on requesters simultaneously emitting
a code (often their ID) one bit at a time on a "wired "OR" bus
so that a "low" bit overides a "high" one; the requesters who
see that the bus is different from what they are putting on it then
drop off and the remaining requesters put the next sequential
bit out. After N bits, there will be only one requester left. Many
versions of this protocol exist and (too) many have been patented.

Doug

achhrap...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
15 nov 2016, 11:21:3415-11-2016