Ever sent a file into VMS running on SIMH?

Dr Eberhard Lisse

Jul 3, 2015, 6:50:50 PM7/3/15
I have been playing a little bit with the Hobbyist VAX/VMS on the
SIMH emulator running on my Netbook (Yosemite 10.10.4).

I haven't figured out the TCP/IP setup properly yet, so I can't send
files into the emulator other then with a little trickery involving
(un)zip and mounting an ISO created from a directory (which is quite
simple on the Netbook).

So I downloaded CKV211-VAX-VMS73-NONET.EXE and put that in the ISO,
fired up kermit on the netbook (I keep it an EVERY machine I ever
use!) and ssh'ed to the localhost, fire up the simulator, log on,
fire up CKV211-VAX-VMS73-NONET.EXE in to servermode and Frank is
your uncle :-)-O

At least for text files (for the time being) :-)-O

el
--
if you want to reply, replace nospam with my initials