http proxy asks for ID/Password on signin and PASV mode changes

Don Cook

Jan 4, 2012, 3:35:25 PM1/4/12
Hello Kermit folks,

I am using C-Kermit 9.0.302 OPEN SOURCE on a Unix server running HP/UX
11.11 in a proxy environment. Compiled with gcc with Open SSL.

I have a problem using the "set tcp http-proxy" command. I use the
parameters /user: and /password: in the set tcp http-proxy.

Now, when I try to ftp to a target SSL server (outside my network) I
am asked for the proxy userid and password again.

Also, when the target ftp server changes modes to passive, the proxy
is again asking for the userid and password.

Eventually, the script continues after I manually reenter ID/password
and the file is "put" on the external server. However, I am trying to
automate the script to work without user input in a batch mode.

I tried to use the "set tcp linger on 5000" in hopes of getting past
the problem, but I am still asked for the ID/password. I have also
tried "set ftp passive-mode off"with same results.

Is there some other setting or option I need to use?

Thanks,
Don Cook