Re: [dnsext] draft-bellis-dnsext-dnsproxy-00 - WG Item?

Ólafur Guðmundsson

Nov 4, 2008, 11:48:33 AM11/4/08
--=====================_400958958==.ALT

Dear colleagues,
This document http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-bellis-dnsext-dnsproxy-00.txt
is within the WG scope.

If you support the adoption of this document AND are willing to work
towards its progress by reviewing it, please send message to that effect
to the mailing list.

By policy the WG needs at least 5 members to publicly support the document
before it can be adopted.

If you have suggestions/recommendations about the scope of the document this
is a great time for that discussion.

Olafur (for the chairs)

At 09:13 04/11/2008, Ray.B...@nominet.org.uk wrote:
>Given the positive feedback received on my draft, may I request that the
>DNSEXT WG adopt draft-bellis-dnsext-dnsproxy-00 ("DNS Proxy Implementation
>Guidelines") as a Working Group Document?
>
>thanks,
>
>Ray
>
>--
>Ray Bellis, MA(Oxon)
>Senior Researcher in Advanced Projects, Nominet
>e: r...@nominet.org.uk, t: +44 1865 332211
>
>--

--=====================_400958958==.ALT

Dear colleagues, <br>
This document
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-bellis-dnsext-dnsproxy-00.txt</a> <br>
is within the WG scope. <br><br>
If you support the adoption of this document AND are willing to work
towards its progress by reviewing it, please send message to that effect
to the mailing list. <br><br>
By policy the WG needs at least 5 members to publicly support the
document<br>
before it can be adopted. <br><br>
If you have suggestions/recommendations about the scope of the document
this<br>
is a great time for that discussion. <br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Olafur
(for the chairs) <br><br>
At 09:13 04/11/2008, Ray.B...@nominet.org.uk wrote:<br>
received on my draft, may I request that the <br>
DNSEXT WG adopt draft-bellis-dnsext-dnsproxy-00 (&quot;DNS Proxy
Implementation <br>
Guidelines&quot;) as a Working Group Document?<br><br>
thanks,<br><br>
Ray<br><br>
-- <br>
Ray Bellis, MA(Oxon)<br>
Senior Researcher in Advanced Projects, Nominet<br>
e: r...@nominet.org.uk, t: +44 1865 332211<br><br>
--<br>
to unsubscribe send a message to namedroppe...@ops.ietf.org
with<br>
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.<br>
archive:
&lt;<a href="http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/" eudora="autourl">

Stephane Bortzmeyer

Nov 7, 2008, 4:54:41 AM11/7/08
On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 11:48:33AM -0500,
Ólafur Gušmundsson /DNSEXT chair <og...@ogud.com> wrote
a message of 94 lines which said:

> If you support the adoption of this document

I do. The brokeness of most middleboxes is probably one of the main
problems of the Internet today. We cannot solve it overnight but we
can at least do our part by providing clear and up-to-date
documents. The I-D is a very good start.

> AND are willing to work towards its progress by reviewing it,

I hesitated here, giving the bad experience with dns-profile but, as
far as I know, I always kept my promises of reviewing (not of
authoring). So, YES again.