rpmbuild problem with 9.11.22 on Centos

Matthew Richardson

Aug 29, 2020, 2:07:04 PM8/29/20
to bind-...@lists.isc.org
Today I have been trying to compile 9.11.22 on Centos 7 with a procedure
that has been used successfully on many previous releases. The last
version I compiled successfully was 9.11.19.

The process involves downloading the Copr source RPM and then compiling
with rpmbuild. Today's output is:-

>[root@li277-75 ~]# rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'dist .el7' --without scl isc-bind-bind-9.11.22-1.1.el7.src.rpm
>Installing isc-bind-bind-9.11.22-1.1.el7.src.rpm
>warning: isc-bind-bind-9.11.22-1.1.el7.src.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 4168cd93: NOKEY
>warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
>warning: group mock does not exist - using root
>warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
>warning: group mock does not exist - using root
>warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
>warning: group mock does not exist - using root
>warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
>warning: group mock does not exist - using root
>warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
>warning: group mock does not exist - using root
>warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
>warning: group mock does not exist - using root
>Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.sl7q9u
>+ umask 022
>+ cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
>+ cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
>+ rm -rf bind-9.11.22
>+ /usr/bin/gzip -dc /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/bind-9.11.22.tar.gz
>+ /usr/bin/tar -xf -
>+ STATUS=0
>+ '[' 0 -ne 0 ']'
>+ cd bind-9.11.22
>+ /usr/bin/chmod -Rf a+rX,u+w,g-w,o-w .
>+ exit 0
>Executing(%build): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.oI0ckT
>+ umask 022
>+ cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
>+ cd bind-9.11.22
>+ %set_build_flags
>/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.oI0ckT: line 30: fg: no job control
>error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.oI0ckT (%build)
>

>RPM build errors:
> isc-bind-bind-9.11.22-1.1.el7.src.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 4168cd93: NOKEY
> user mockbuild does not exist - using root
> group mock does not exist - using root
> user mockbuild does not exist - using root
> group mock does not exist - using root
> user mockbuild does not exist - using root
> group mock does not exist - using root
> user mockbuild does not exist - using root
> group mock does not exist - using root
> user mockbuild does not exist - using root
> group mock does not exist - using root
> user mockbuild does not exist - using root
> group mock does not exist - using root
> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.oI0ckT (%build)

My guess (which may be wrong) is that something is wrong with the line:-
%set_build_flags
in bind.spec.

Any thoughts from others, more knowledgeable that myself, would be
appreciated.

The same error occurs on both Centos 7 & Centos 6.

Best wishes,
Matthew

Carl Byington

Aug 29, 2020, 4:54:11 PM8/29/20
to Matthew Richardson, bind-...@lists.isc.org

Matthew Richardson

Aug 30, 2020, 5:36:11 AM8/30/20
to Carl Byington, bind-...@lists.isc.org
Dear Carl,

Thanks very much: you were spot on correct!

Installing epel-rpm-marcos got the compiles working on both Centos 7 & 6.

Best wishes,
Matthew
------
>From: Carl Byington <ca...@byington.org>
>To: Matthew Richardson <matt...@itconsult.co.uk>, bind-...@lists.isc.org
>Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 13:53:48 -0700
>Subject: Re: rpmbuild problem with 9.11.22 on Centos

Petr Menšík

Sep 1, 2020, 9:30:58 AM9/1/20
to bind-...@lists.isc.org
Hi Matthew,

it would also help to make setting flags not mandatory.

Changing it to:
%{?set_build_flags}

Would use it whenever the macro is supported and expand it to empty on
legacy systems.
Another possibility would be skipping epel dependency:

%if 0%{?rhel} && 0%{?rhel} <= 7
export CFLAGS="%optflags"
%else
%set_build_flags
%endif

Regards,
Petr
> My guess (which may be wrong) is that something is wrong with the line:-
> %set_build_flags
> in bind.spec.
>
> Any thoughts from others, more knowledgeable that myself, would be
> appreciated.
>
> The same error occurs on both Centos 7 & Centos 6.
>
> Best wishes,
> Matthew

Petr Menšík
Software Engineer
Red Hat, http://www.redhat.com/
email: peme...@redhat.com
PGP: DFCF908DB7C87E8E529925BC4931CA5B6C9FC5CB