Invalid class in dns query

Trevor Woolley

Aug 4, 2020, 8:47:24 PM8/4/20
to bind-...@lists.isc.org
Hi all,

Looking for a temporary work around, while an issue gets resolved. I have a DNS query coming in with an invalid class requested (65 or 0x41).

The workaround I’m looking for is one that just uses the IN class (1 or 0x01), if I have to duplicate all records required into “CLASS65” it could be a lengthy process.

Currently running BIND 9.14.5 on a Centos7 OS.

Rgds
Trevor

John Levine

Aug 5, 2020, 8:11:39 PM8/5/20
to bind-...@lists.isc.org
In article <mailman.785.159658...@lists.isc.org> you write:
>Hi all,
>
>Looking for a temporary work around, while an issue gets resolved. I have a
>DNS query coming in with an invalid class requested (65 or 0x41).

The only classes ever assigned were 1, 2, 3, 4, and pseudo-classes 254 and 255.

What is class 65 supposed to be? Why would anything that wasn't totally broken query for it?

R's,
John

Mark Andrews

Aug 5, 2020, 8:26:14 PM8/5/20
to John Levine, bind-...@lists.isc.org
It was coming from a broken device in pre-deployment testing.

My advice to Trevor, when I rang him, was send it back to the manufacture to be fixed and there is no workaround for this fault in named.

Mark

> R's,
> John

Mark Andrews, ISC