Question : The relationship between STUDY Instance UID and STUDY ID

Take Funahashi

Mar 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/24/97

Hi, all

I just want to confirm with the relation between STUDY Instance UID and
STUDY ID.
In DICOM V3.0, STUDY Instance UID and STUDY ID are included in the STUDY
IOD.

In my understanding, STUDY Instance UID is pointing a certain study with
a certain patient,
and it is also generated uniquely.

In ordinal case, the study has several examinations. ( ex. CT exam,
CR-exam and MRI exam etc)
Pointing a certain STUDY UID means pointing several examinations.

The definition of STUDY ID in DICOM V3.0, it will be generated by
modality or user.
It is assumed that STUDY ID is depend on each modality.
If it is so, STUDY ID will be generated by the modality without relation
between other modalities that will be used by other examination.

All of these mean that only one study ID will be able to define with one
STUDY Instance UID.
Even several examinations will be done under one STUDY Instance UID.

If VR od STUDY ID is "SQ", I understand the relationship between STUDY
Instance UID and STUDY ID.But It is not that.

Could someone tell me something with my understanding.

Thanks for your advice.
Take FUnahashi

--
*-------------------------------------------------*
* Electricity, Biology, Seem to me it's Chemestry *

Steve Moore

Mar 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/25/97

Take Funahashi wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I just want to confirm with the relation between STUDY Instance UID and
> STUDY ID.
> In DICOM V3.0, STUDY Instance UID and STUDY ID are included in the STUDY
> IOD.

As Dave Clunie had pointed out earlier about Accession Number,
DICOM does not define very well what is actually meant by
Study ID. This attribute and Accession Number are defined
to help institutions which track studies or exams using
information systems that do not know anything about DICOM.
For example, a Radiology Information System may assign
a number to each study that is ordered. We would think
of that number as the Accession Number (in our institution).
I want to get that number into the DICOM image so that it
is displayed to the radiologist when she/he dictates. That
number is the important number for our dictation system.

Now back to Study ID and multiple modalities. In the
perfect world, each modality gets patient demographic
and study information via Modality Worklist and can
retrieve the Study Instance UID and Accession Number
for the study. I don't think you pull back Study ID
this way.

In the real world, one institution defines a study as
a CT and MR. The scanners don't get the information
from the Modality worklist and each instrument generates
a separate Study Instance UID and a separate Study ID.
The system that stores and displays these studies/images
needs to know that the institution has a policy that
regards these as the same study.

In another case, a different institution orders a CT
and an MR for the same patient, but thinks of these
as being from different studies. It is based on their
practice. In this case, the storage and display systems
wants to present these images as belonging to different studies.

In the end, you need to know what the practices are
at the customer sites and you have to build systems that are
flexible and can accommodate different practices. I don't think we
have achieved a common set of practices.

I know this answer is not very satisfying.

Steve Moore
s...@wuerl.wustl.edu
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology

William Thompson

Mar 26, 2023, 2:49:06 AM3/26/23
作文是一篇讲述故事或提出论点的文章 https://lunwenzhushou.net/engineering-assignment-dai-xie/ 。它可以用于各种类型的学校和大学作业中。

写一篇好的论文很重要,它有一个强有力的论点和清晰的结构。它还应该有逻辑的组织,并有可信的证据支持。

neil jiohu

Jul 6, 2023, 3:02:02 AM7/6/23
由于学业压力或其他特殊情况,学生有时很难在特定的时间上交学校布置的作业(Assignment) https://www.lunwenhelp.com/assignment-daixie/ ,或者学生很难根据自己的能力胜任一篇特定的Assignment。此时,学生可以转而寻求专业Assignme代写的帮助。

koike daniel

Sep 25, 2023, 11:04:50 PM9/25/23
For international students, dissertation is the most important dissertation writing in their career. Dissertation writing service, according to the professional one-on-one arrangement of writers, has a wealth of academic paper writing experience, familiar with all kinds of thesis format. https://inessay.com/ Free revisions within 14 days, for you to draw a successful conclusion to your study abroad career.

neil jiohu

Oct 6, 2023, 3:12:54 AM10/6/23
留学生面临的种种挑战,包括语言障碍、文化差异、学术压力等,使得他们在完成学业时倍感压力。在这种情况下,essay https://www.essayghostwriting.com/ 行业应运而生,为留学生提供了一种便捷、高效的解决方案。
Message has been deleted