YBR_PARTIAL_422 and JPEG Baseline

fur...@o3enterprise.com

Jan 3, 2022, 9:15:19 AM1/3/22
Hello everyone!
Straight to the point. Do GDCM support JPEG Baseline (1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.50) with photometric interpretation YBR_PARTIAL_422?

If yes, could anyone please provide me with some sample?

Thanks in advance!

Mathieu Malaterre

Jan 17, 2022, 2:25:41 AM1/17/22
Dear DICOM gurus,

It appears that LEICA is producing WSI instances with the following feature: YBR_PARTIAL_422 + JPEG baseline. After a quick test it seems that a very famous c++ toolkit is simply using the default color transform to convert to RGB.

Given that, can I safely assume that no vendor has ever used this improbable combination before ?