C++ toolkits for Radiotherapy (RTSTRUCT, Segmentation...)

Jeff Wang

Oct 12, 2021, 7:39:50 PM10/12/21
I am looking for some C++ Dicom toolkits that can make import/export datasets with DCM files, especially those are good at and easy to implement in RadioTherapy category: RTPlan, RTDose, RTSTRUCT, Segmentation, etc.

Please post your ideas, suggestions, comments. Thanks very much in advance!

Jason Klotzer

Oct 13, 2021, 9:16:42 AM10/13/21
From what I've seen on GitHub, the majority of RT specific libraries are in Python. For working with DICOM via C++, my go to library has been DCMTK (https://dicom.offis.de/dcmtk.php.en). I'm not aware of RT specific capabilities in DCMTK, but for loading, modifying, exporting, you shouldn't have any problems.

Jeff Wang

Oct 13, 2021, 1:03:51 PM10/13/21
On Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 6:16:42 AM UTC-7, Jason Klotzer wrote:
> From what I've seen on GitHub, the majority of RT specific libraries are in Python. For working with DICOM via C++, my go to library has been DCMTK (https://dicom.offis.de/dcmtk.php.en). I'm not aware of RT specific capabilities in DCMTK, but for loading, modifying, exporting, you shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks for the feedback! Does anyone know Leadtools may provide functions to do RT import/export? They claim RTStructureSetKey is for that task but no sample provided.

Markus Sabin

Oct 14, 2021, 2:10:53 AM10/14/21
I cannot tell about LeadTools, but DCMTK has a dedicated module (dcmrt) for handling RT objects: https://support.dcmtk.org/docs/mod_dcmrt.html

Andrey Fedorov