What is the best practice for setting the frame rate of a multi-image DICOM?

Parham Gholami

Jan 6, 2022, 7:15:20 PMJan 6
Hello! When setting the playback framerate for a multi-image DICOM, is it better to use the FrameTime tag or CineRate? They both appear to address the same thing, so I'm unclear what the difference is between the two.

David Gobbi

Jan 7, 2022, 10:45:39 AMJan 7
Use the FrameTime. The difference is that FrameTime is a Type 1C attribute, while CineRate is a Type 3 attribute. In general, Type 1 and Type 2 attributes take precedence over Type 3 attributes when interpreting a data set.

For the meaning of "Type", see https://dicom.nema.org/medical/dicom/current/output/chtml/part05/sect_7.4.html

Parham Gholami

Jan 7, 2022, 7:38:13 PMJan 7
On Friday, January 7, 2022 at 7:45:39 AM UTC-8, david...@gmail.com wrote:
> Use the FrameTime. The difference is that FrameTime is a Type 1C attribute, while CineRate is a Type 3 attribute. In general, Type 1 and Type 2 attributes take precedence over Type 3 attributes when interpreting a data set.
>
> For the meaning of "Type", see https://dicom.nema.org/medical/dicom/current/output/chtml/part05/sect_7.4.html

Thank you!