Movescu: name of the DICOM files

Domenico Aquino

Nov 3, 2022, 7:12:08 AM11/3/22
Hi all,

I use movescu to automatically receive the DICOM images of some series that I need to recover. Everything works fine.
I would just like to ask you if there is a way to name downloaded files with a criteria during download. For example:

> patientname_seriesname_series_number _... *. dcm

At the moment I solved it by renaming them after downloading them but it is very long.

Thank you

Domenico

David Gobbi

Nov 9, 2022, 7:43:56 AM11/9/22
Hi Domenico,

I have a tool that can rename DICOM files according to their metadata:
https://github.com/dgobbi/vtk-dicom/wiki/dicompull
Download page: https://github.com/dgobbi/vtk-dicom/releases

Some DICOM viewers like OsiriX also have export functionality where you can choose the organization of the directory structure when you export the files.

David