How to encode table movements in DICOM Structured Dose Reports

Stefan Allers

Nov 15, 2021, 9:00:49 AM11/15/21
Hi DICOM experts,

I would like to correctly encode the table movements during FLUORO in the DICOM Dose Report. In TID 10003C (Irradiation Event X-Ray Mechanical Data) under DCID 10008 "Dose Related Distance Measurements" there are these two possibilities:

"Table Longitudinal Position" (Code Value 113751) and "Table Longitudinal End Position" (Code Value 113759).

It is defined like this:

"Table Longitudinal Position with respect to an arbitrary​ chosen reference by the equipment. Table motion​ towards LAO is positive assuming that the patient is​ positioned supine and its head is in normal position."

So unfortunately the position values are dependent on how the patient lies on the table. However for changing the "longitudinal" position I would have expected that the motion is described towards heat/feet and not LAO position.

Is this just mixed up with the decription for "Table Lateral Position" or do I misunderstand it completely wrong?

Thanks,
Stefan