Siemens Modalities

Norbert Bayer

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99

we plan to integrate the following modalities to our PACS Network. Does
anyone know wether the listed modalities are already equipped with
Dicom functionality? (C-Store, Dicom Modality Worklist?)

Siemens CT Somatom +S
Elscint APEX SP-6/ECT
Siemens Polytron
Siemens Evolution CT (Immatron)

Thank you in advance

Norbert

BMS AUSTRIA
www.bms-austria.com

Stuckgasse 7 Top 1 PHONE: + 43 1 524 81 34
1070 Vienna, AUSTRIA FAX: + 43 1 524 87 80

Dee Csipo

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99

You should try to bug your neighbors directly in Erlagen for the conformance
statements, or you can see if you can find it on Otech's web page
www.otechimg.com I think Herman is the keeper of the conformance statements :-)

dee
;-D

Larry Parr

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99
You had best go to the company direct, I have found that Siemens field
personnel are not always aware of such things. I am the final stages of
implementing fully digital DICOM radiology department which includes two
Siemens angio units (PolyStar and MutliStar) and five gamma cameras. These
are all brand new units but when it came time to interface them to the
network we discovered the field engineers had little if any knowledge
whether the units were DICOM or not and no experience in implementing it.
After many weeks of gallant effort on the engineers part the that of my PACS
vendor, we were able to get some of the DICOM functionality to operate. I am
sure we will get the rest to work shortly.
Dee Csipo <dcs...@charm.net> wrote in message

Erik Damsgaard

Aug 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/27/99
Siemens somatom with SW version "SiemensSOM4_VB40" works fine with store
and worklist management.

Erik,
Denmark

Eriksson, Erik A

Aug 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/28/99
Hi Norbert,

At Karolinska we have a Siemens Polystar connected to a Sectra PACS-system.
It delivers Dicom Storage compliant images to the PACS due to a interface
called Magic Link from Siemens. Our version doesn't support Dicom worklist
though.
Maybe the new version can handle that?

Regards,

Anders Eriksson, B. Sc.