IDC is now in Google Public Dataset Program + Dec 2021 release is out!

David Clunie

Dec 16, 2021, 8:36:02 AM12/16/21
Forwarding Andrey Fedorov's announcement at [https://discourse.canceridc.dev/t/idc-is-now-in-google-public-dataset-program-dec-2021-release-is-out/237], since all of the IDC content is DICOM.

The main highlight of this release is that IDC data is now available in Google Cloud marketplace [https://console.cloud.google.com/marketplace/product/gcp-public-data-idc/nci-idc-data] through the sponsorship from the Google Public Dataset Program!

What this means is that now you can download IDC data [https://learn.canceridc.dev/data/downloading-data] either within or out of the cloud for free - data egress costs are covered. We gratefully acknowledge the contribution of Mike Callaghan, Michael Hamamoto-Tribble, Adler Santos and Nicholas Large at Google for working with us on making IDC data available in Google PDP!

With this release we included several new collections, as well as updates to the existing collections, as summarized in the v5 data release notes [https://learn.canceridc.dev/data/data-release-notes#v5-december-2021].

Updates to the viewers [https://learn.canceridc.dev/portal/viewer-release-notes] addressed some bugs and feature improvements.

IDC portal updates [https://learn.canceridc.dev/portal/release-notes] introduced bug fixes, minor UI features and performance improvements.

(the live dashboard is available here [https://datastudio.google.com/reporting/04cf5976-4ea0-4fee-a749-8bfd162f2e87/page/p_s7mk6eybqc])