Willow Schlanger

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

Greetings everyone,
I am very new to newsgroups and I thought I might as well introduce
myself. My name is Willow Schlanger. I have just finished coding a Pascal
compiler & an assembler, both of which I intend to use in my new operating
system (Photon coS: Completely Optimized System.) As of this morning I
have coded an S3M player in my OWN compiler, and I'm pretty proud of it.
Well anyways.. does anyone know how to make your own newsgroups? That
probably sounds like a lame question but I *AM* new to newsgroups (using
Microshaft's "Internet News").
Oh yeah, I live in the United States of America. It seems to me that
EVERYONE likes their country best, hehe.

TTYAL,
Willow

Bas Stavenuiter

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97
to Willow Schlanger

Hi Willow,

You want to create a new newsgour, well here is a site which has some
information about creating newsgroups:

http://www.clari.net/brad/trial.html

See Ya ;-) Bas Stavenuiter mailto:b...@earthling.net
| Bassie's Place: http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Marina/8567/ |
| Quotes/Humor/FreakMail/FlameForm/Garfield/Selfmade-Progs/Fractals |

Daniel P Hudson

Mar 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/4/97

"Willow Schlanger" <wil...@dezine.net> wrote:
>Greetings everyone,

> Well anyways.. does anyone know how to make your own newsgroups?

You might want to limit your line length to about 72 characters, many
users don't have terminals that support 80 character lines, so your text
looks like a jigsaw puzzle.

Anyway, one of the FAQ's in the news.* hierarchy cvers new newsgroups,
both alt.* and usenet proposals. ost FAQ's are avaiable via
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet under theior respective newsgroup names.
I believe news.answers may be the one your looking for. It has been a
while since I read any of them, in fact since CJIII was terrorizing
them.