ATTN: An AppCore Bug-Fix Is Ready...

3 views
Skip to first unread message

Chris Thomasson

unread,
Feb 2, 2008, 7:54:19 AM2/2/08
to
Here is some information on the bug that was fixed:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.programming.threads/browse_frm/thread/cf4a952ff5af7d
(read all...)

In addition to fixing the eventcount signaling logic wrt the
single-producer/consumer queue, I have added the following functions:

ac_eventcount_algo1.h
____________________________________________________
ac_eventcount_algo1_signal_naked(...);
ac_eventcount_algo1_signal_fence(...);
#define ac_eventcount_algo1_signal \
ac_eventcount_algo1_signal_fence
____________________________________________________


ac_queue_spsc.h
____________________________________________________
ac_queue_spsc_getec(...);
ac_queue_spsc_push_nosig(...);
____________________________________________________

You can use the functions above to take advantage of amortization wrt the
#StoreLoad memory barrier that needs to be executed before the
'ac_eventcount_algo1_signal_naked(...)' gets called.


One simple example... Build batches of nodes and push pointers to the
batches into the queue using 'ac_queue_spsc_push_nosig(...)'. Once your done
with that you can do something like this for the final signal, and memory
barrier:
____________________________________________________
/* try and build multiple batches of work */

/* push pointers to the batches into a set of
queues using 'ac_queue_spsc_push_nosig(...)' */

/* call ac_mb_fence() */

/* finally, signal each queues eventcount using */
ac_eventcount_algo1_signal_naked(
ac_queue_spsc_getec(...)
)
____________________________________________________

This makes improvement on AppCore queuing API; what do you think?

--
Chris M. Thomasson
http://appcore.home.comcast.net

Chris Thomasson

unread,
Feb 2, 2008, 1:14:41 PM2/2/08
to
"Chris Thomasson" <cri...@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:xI6dnauoE6q9-zna...@comcast.com...

> Here is some information on the bug that was fixed:
[...]

I updated the file index to reflect the changes:

http://appcore.home.comcast.net/ac_src_index.html

enjoy! ;^)

Chris Thomasson

unread,
Feb 9, 2008, 5:23:59 AM2/9/08
to
I have almost had it with Comcast!!! Okay, can you all please do me a favor:
click on the link below and tell be the color of the background of any link
contained therein:


http://appcore.home.comcast.net/ac_src_index.html


If its not black, then the shi^ has hit the FAN! I know it was yellow text
against a black background because I tested after I uploaded the files. Now,
on my end, it comes up the way it was before the update! Even the main page
does not list the update when I bring it up on my end. I documented the
recent fix with the year 2008! Now when load it, the date is back to 2005!
And the counter on the web-site only shows 56 hits. Well, I removed the
counter when I made the updates. The hit-count was around 20,000. Small, but
heck! WTF!

Comcast is getting on my nerves; I send them my hard-earned $$$ every month!

I am so PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGH!


:^|


DAMN IT!

Chris Thomasson

unread,
Feb 9, 2008, 5:36:59 AM2/9/08
to
"Chris Thomasson" <cri...@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:d4idnZb6AKnS4DDa...@comcast.com...

>I have almost had it with Comcast!!! Okay, can you all please do me a
>favor: click on the link below and tell be the color of the background of
>any link contained therein:
>
>
> http://appcore.home.comcast.net/ac_src_index.html
>
>
> If its not black, then the shi^ has hit the FAN!
[...]

I now know what the problem is. Those bastards have changed the root URL
from 'http://appcore.home.comcast.net' to
'http://home.comcast.net/~appcore'. Apparently, they have a backup of the
original, minus the counter, and reverted back to that! I am uploading the
updates as I type. This burns me up because there are several articles
(e.g., by Intel, Sun and some others):

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.programming.threads/browse_frm/thread/205dcaed77941352


which make reference to my web-site under the root url:

http://appcore.home.comcast.net

Retarded Comcast is going to break all of those links rather soon. Now I
have to send e-mails to the authors of the articles and tell them the BAD
NEWS!

I am going to stick this under SourceForge, which I should have done in the
first place!

STUPID ME!


FUC%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;^(........

Chris Thomasson

unread,
Feb 9, 2008, 5:45:01 AM2/9/08
to
"Chris Thomasson" <cri...@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:cYCdneabbJLGHTDa...@comcast.com...

> "Chris Thomasson" <cri...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:d4idnZb6AKnS4DDa...@comcast.com...
>>I have almost had it with Comcast!!! Okay, can you all please do me a
>>favor: click on the link below and tell be the color of the background of
>>any link contained therein:
>>
>>
>> http://appcore.home.comcast.net/ac_src_index.html
>>
>>
>> If its not black, then the shi^ has hit the FAN!
> [...]
>
> I now know what the problem is. Those bastards have changed the root URL
> from 'http://appcore.home.comcast.net' to
> 'http://home.comcast.net/~appcore'. Apparently, they have a backup of the
> original, minus the counter, and reverted back to that! I am uploading the
> updates as I type. This burns me up because there are several articles
> (e.g., by Intel, Sun and some others):
[...]

I have just completed uploading my local copy of the web-site to the Comcast
bastard ftp server (upload.camshaft.net). It _should_ be back to normal.
But, I am moving this all over to SouceForge within the next week or so:


http://sourceforge.net/projects/appcore


I simply cannot trust the underhanded Comcast crap anymore! Why I did not
stick AppCore in SouceForge to begin with, I don't know. It turned out to be
a VERY BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!! Now I have the FUN TASK of contacting various
authors and try to convince them to alter their citations wrt my site. They
are probably going to want to SPIT directly onto my face!

CRAP!!!

;^(...

Dmitriy V'jukov

unread,
Feb 9, 2008, 5:59:56 AM2/9/08
to
On 9 фев, 13:23, "Chris Thomasson" <cris...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I have almost had it with Comcast!!! Okay, can you all please do me a favor:
> click on the link below and tell be the color of the background of any link
> contained therein:
>
> http://appcore.home.comcast.net/ac_src_index.html
>
> If its not black, then the shi^ has hit the FAN! I know it was yellow text
> against a black background because I tested after I uploaded the files. Now,


http://appcore.home.comcast.net/appcore/src/ac_eventcount_algo1_c.html
and
http://home.comcast.net/~appcore/appcore/src/ac_eventcount_algo1_c.html
points to the same page. Yellow on black.

Dmitriy V'jukov

Chris Thomasson

unread,
Feb 9, 2008, 7:11:36 AM2/9/08
to

"Dmitriy V'jukov" <dvy...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:2f2ec0ee-70cf-4845...@q77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

Thank god!

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages