In addition to fixing the eventcount signaling logic wrt the
single-producer/consumer queue, I have added the following functions:
#define ac_eventcount_algo1_signal \
You can use the functions above to take advantage of amortization wrt the
#StoreLoad memory barrier that needs to be executed before the
'ac_eventcount_algo1_signal_naked(...)' gets called.
One simple example... Build batches of nodes and push pointers to the
batches into the queue using 'ac_queue_spsc_push_nosig(...)'. Once your done
with that you can do something like this for the final signal, and memory
/* try and build multiple batches of work */
/* push pointers to the batches into a set of
queues using 'ac_queue_spsc_push_nosig(...)' */
/* call ac_mb_fence() */
/* finally, signal each queues eventcount using */
This makes improvement on AppCore queuing API; what do you think?
Chris M. Thomasson
If its not black, then the shi^ has hit the FAN! I know it was yellow text
against a black background because I tested after I uploaded the files. Now,
on my end, it comes up the way it was before the update! Even the main page
does not list the update when I bring it up on my end. I documented the
recent fix with the year 2008! Now when load it, the date is back to 2005!
And the counter on the web-site only shows 56 hits. Well, I removed the
counter when I made the updates. The hit-count was around 20,000. Small, but
Comcast is getting on my nerves; I send them my hard-earned $$$ every month!
I am so PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I now know what the problem is. Those bastards have changed the root URL
from 'http://appcore.home.comcast.net' to
'http://home.comcast.net/~appcore'. Apparently, they have a backup of the
original, minus the counter, and reverted back to that! I am uploading the
updates as I type. This burns me up because there are several articles
(e.g., by Intel, Sun and some others):
which make reference to my web-site under the root url:
Retarded Comcast is going to break all of those links rather soon. Now I
have to send e-mails to the authors of the articles and tell them the BAD
I am going to stick this under SourceForge, which I should have done in the
I have just completed uploading my local copy of the web-site to the Comcast
bastard ftp server (upload.camshaft.net). It _should_ be back to normal.
But, I am moving this all over to SouceForge within the next week or so:
I simply cannot trust the underhanded Comcast crap anymore! Why I did not
stick AppCore in SouceForge to begin with, I don't know. It turned out to be
a VERY BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!! Now I have the FUN TASK of contacting various
authors and try to convince them to alter their citations wrt my site. They
are probably going to want to SPIT directly onto my face!
points to the same page. Yellow on black.