help wanted repairing Dave Love's noweb-mode for emacs

Norman Ramsey

Jun 14, 2012, 2:57:06 PM6/14/12
I've been using Dave Love's noweb-mode for emacs, but in upgrading from Emacs 21 to Emacs 23, I've encountered some serious lossage: when I have two windows viewing the same buffer, moving in one window sometimes causes the other window to jump to a different position, including changing point. This seems to happen only when moving to a different kind of chunk in the new window, and sometimes not even then. But it's a huge problem for getting work done.

I've also fixed a bug that prevented one from selecting text across chunk boundaries, but this other bug is defeating me.

If anybody is successfully using Dave's noweb-mode (or any noweb-mode) with Emacs 23 or higher, I'd like to hear about it. I know that Dave himself was reading this group as recently as 2010, but I have not been able to reach him by email.

Norman Ramsey