Announcing: TexiWeb Jr - A super simple literate programming system

Aharon Robbins

Jul 4, 2014, 1:27:08 PM7/4/14
Hello All.

I have recently finished creating a very simple literate programming system
named TexiWeb Jr. It sits atop the GNU Project's Texinfo formatting language.

TexiWeb Jr. is written using GNU Awk (version 4.0 or later required).

Although the documentation language is restricted to Texinfo, code can be
in any language. The full project is available on github:

git clone git://github.com/arnoldrobbins/texiwebjr

Follow the instructions in the BUILD file to bootstrap the tangle and weave
scripts and to create a PDF. The PDF explains the reasons for using gawk
and Texinfo, and the name of the project. :-)

Besides bootstrapping the program with itself, I have written a ~ 400-line
awk script using TexiWeb Jr. That is available from

git clone git://github.com/arnoldrobbins/texindex

This is a reimplementation of the texindex program for sorting index
entries. After cloning, just use 'make' in the texindex directory
to create the PDF. You may need to install the texindex.awk program
as 'texindex' somewhere in your $PATH, first.

I hope this is of interest. I hope to eventually do more programming
using this tool.

Enjoy,

Arnold Robbins
--
Aharon (Arnold) Robbins arnold AT skeeve DOT com
P.O. Box 354 Home Phone: +972 8 979-0381

dtopham

Nov 20, 2014, 3:52:12 PM11/20/14
Arnold, I am interested in this idea, but did not see a manual of how to use this system. Is there one? If not, I guess I could try to figure it out looking at a sample. Perhaps a pdf file created of a program and the markup used to create it? Thanks, Dave

Aharon Robbins

Nov 21, 2014, 1:37:09 AM11/21/14
Hi Dave.

The TexiWebJr system is written in itself, so if you read how it
works you should be able to see to use it. You can look at the
input file for the 'texindex' program also to see it in use.

It really is just a thin layer over regular Texinfo. The texindex
program comes out as around 25 pages, not a lot; the ti.twjr input
file is only 1329 lines, also not a lot.

Clone the two repos and poke around. :-)

Thanks!

Arnold

In article <m4lk9r$7kd$1...@labrador.cs.tufts.edu>,