Programming Contest: BoxifyMe

Skybuck Flying

Dec 11, 2010, 12:50:11 PM12/11/10
Skybuck's Boxify Me Programming Contest:

http://www.skybuck.org/BoxifyMe/

Your mission is to "Boxify" the following picture with a minimum ammount of
boxes (=rectangles).

(See website for this text and the picture)

All of the red pixels must be described by boxes.

You should write a computer program which does this boring task for you
ofcourse !

That's what lazy programmers are for !

To be able to verify the correctness of your algorithm/code you must provide
me with the output of your algorithm.

For this purpose the following shall be used:

A textfile which describes the coordinates of each box on a seperate line as
follows:

X1, Y1, X2, Y2
X1, Y1, X2, Y2
X1, Y1, X2, Y2

So a example:

10, 5, 20, 40
5, 3, 10, 9
40, 3, 50, 10

The picture itself is (left, top) to (right, bottom) which is (0,0) to
(99,99)

You can either submit your results to skybu...@hotmail.com

or simply post a message on the newsgroups where this contest was announced.

I shall write a little program which shall examine all the submitted results
and rank them according to number of boxes used.

Least ammount of boxes wins.

Once I get some results from you guys I will put up a ranking page which
will probably be updated as I receive more submissions.

You can either submit solutions only, or you can also choose to submit your
algorithms and or code.

Good luck to you !

And may the boxforce be with the fokking you ! ;) =D LOL.

Oh yeah... ofcourse I will be contending the contest as well !

And I fully expect to win it ! ;) =D

But don't worry I will be fair.

So if you wanna try and piss me off... the best thing you can do is try and
win it ! ;) =D

And then maybe I will be begging you on my kneeeeeesss if I could plssss
have your algorithm and code ?! ;) :)

Wouldn't you absolutely like that ?! ;) =D

You may also choose if you want me to reveal or not reveal your algorithm if
you do submit it to me.

Coding languages which are preferred: C, C++, Delphi, Free Basic.

Now download that picture, starting coding and BE GONE ! ;) =D

Let those brains of yours BURN CYCLES AND CONSUME ENERGON ! ;) =D

Also BE PREPARED for a new picture in the future !

Since I must verify your awesomeness !

You could just have gotten lucky with your algo...

So stay TUNED ! As always...

Be on your toes ! ;) =D

Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzjodCJUpAw