Paging Rob Turk: Exabyte EXPERT (diag s/w) questions

msg

Mar 25, 2009, 9:52:41 PM3/25/09
I would appreciate a dialog with Rob Turk or anyone with experience
running Exabyte EXPERT diag software. I'm trying to test some EXB-8900
drives which are defying my attempts to read MP tapes (and won't write
to any tapes at the moment) and I'm getting some strange behavior in
the EXPERT 7.1 program (such as needing to disable wide negotiation on
the HBA or I lose the upper byte, even though the HBA BIOS sees the
drive well enough using 16 bits, and illegal request responses to
legitimate commands, etc., etc.).

Many thanks,

Michael

scs...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2013, 5:51:24 AM9/25/13
Op donderdag 26 maart 2009 02:52:41 UTC+1 schreef msg:
After 4.5 years it's probably irrelevant but I'm still around. Lost regular access to newsgroups a long time ago. But if you still wish to ask me about Expert or other tape/diagnostics/scsi related subjects, please feel free to do so through regular email. It may be another 4.5 years before I check in again ;-)

Rob