what's a drum of a laser printer?

Julieta Shem

Dec 21, 2022, 4:12:54 PM12/21/22
So, I'm having to replace my drum. The printer has been saying
``replace drum'' for a while. I ignored it for as long as I could.

I've put a new toner and it seems that that's not enough. My pages come
out as if I'm running out of toner --- half the page does ---, though
it's brand new. Is that because my drum has gone bad?

Now I'm paying attention to the ``replace drum'' message. It's finally
got my attention now. You know how users are.

Julieta Shem

Dec 22, 2022, 7:49:15 AM12/22/22
Charlie+ <cha...@xxx.net> writes:

> On Wed, 21 Dec 2022 18:12:46 -0300, Julieta Shem <js...@yaxenu.org>
> wrote as underneath :
> AKA Imaging Drum - Look on youtube for your printer name/model replace
> drum and see if it is a job you can DIY with a kit replacement. C+

Good idea. Mine is a Brother HL-2360DW and it looks like the lecture at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRbO7S2nsYc

shows it's pretty easy to do. Thank you so much.

Julieta Shem

Dec 23, 2022, 9:47:59 AM12/23/22
Charlie+ <cha...@xxx.net> writes:

> On Thu, 22 Dec 2022 09:49:11 -0300, Julieta Shem <js...@yaxenu.org>
> wrote as underneath :
>
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRbO7S2nsYc
>
> Good-oh! eBay for for the compatible drum! C+

Good question. Should I bother buying original toner and original
drums? A couple of days ago I bought an original brother drum. It
didn't seem expensive. But should I bother? Or are they all the same?

Sabrina Almodóvar

Dec 30, 2022, 8:04:39 PM12/30/22
On 24/12/2022 03:40, Charlie+ wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Dec 2022 11:47:56 -0300, Julieta Shem <js...@yaxenu.org>
> wrote as underneath :
>
>> Good question. Should I bother buying original toner and original
>> drums? A couple of days ago I bought an original brother drum. It
>> didn't seem expensive. But should I bother? Or are they all the same?
>
> Probably not much difference except cost but whatever feels comfortable
> and easy for you! C+

To me, the original would actually feel more trustworthy, but I would
actually guess that there's effectively no difference.