"Printer Failure -- There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. If problem persists. contact HP."

Ant

Jun 4, 2022, 3:56:54 AM6/4/22
Hello.

A decade old HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g's LCD screen says "Printer
Failure -- There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn
printer off, then on. If problem persists. contact HP." after installing
your unused LzTek black 950XL ink cartridge to replace an empty
different third party brand (EZink). I even tried two of black ink
cartridge, but got the same results. Reused the empty EZink and got an
error that the ink cartridge was not genuine and depleted which are correct.

I also tried most of
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/There-is-a-problem-with-the-printer-or-ink-system/td-p/8273323
and https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06435019 and
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/There-is-a-problem-with-the-printer-or-ink-system/td-p/8273323.
No leaks seen, resetted the printer with its power, and reseatted the printhead
thrice. The only thing not done was replacing the expensive (almost $200! might
as well buy a new printer!) printhead part. Inside looks good to me.

How do I fix this? http://www.inktonerhelp.com/ doesn't have HP OfficeJet. Is
there something wrong with these third party inkjet cartridges from Amazon from
last year? Do I need to buy HP's expensive genuine brand or something? :(

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Regards,
Ant
--
Slammy Thurs. and Fri. nites. GSW failed to beat Boston Celtics in game #1! Will da 1st PCR test result B negative like da home test results?
| |o o| |

Ant

Jun 4, 2022, 3:58:27 AM6/4/22
Also, is there no way to print without black color?

--
Slammy Thurs. GSW failed to beat Boston Celtics in game #1! Will da 1st PCR test result B negative like da home test results?