HP: Kudos!

gil...@m.cs.uiuc.edu

Jul 27, 1989, 7:04:54 PM7/27/89

Thank you, HP.

The deskwriter is a great product, about the first 3rd-party
high-throughput binary image printer under $1000. A couple of months
ago I complained in this notesfile that nobody was worrying about
binary image printers -- they were just building more of the same
cheapo character-based printers, and spending their money on fancy
(confusing) printer control software rather than raw speed in the
printer and I/O port. In other words, printers were CISC, when they
should be RISC!

My prayers have been answered: HP has now come through with the
Deskjet+ and the Deskwriter printers.

This is a big leap forward for the PC-printer industry. It's good to
see an American company get there first!

Epson, Toshiba, catch HP if you can!

KP KP

Aug 6, 2022, 2:10:17 PM8/6/22
I still have mine. works awesome.