Re: Print Driver Fails to Install

Wally J

Oct 23, 2023, 1:09:50 AM10/23/23
Boris <Bo...@invalid.invalid> wrote

>>> How can I stop it from continuing to try to install?
>>>
>>> https://postimg.cc/grkf4Xjw
>>
>> Have you tried looking up the error number? That might give you an
>> idea.
>>

> Yes, I have, and it's not informative.

There may be other options on comp.periphs.printers perhaps?
<http://groups.google.com/g/comp.periphs.printers>

There may be a solution with SUMO/DUMO also.
<https://www.kcsoftwares.com/?sumo>
<https://www.kcsoftwares.com/?dumo>

One might be to find any driver that "thinks" it's the right driver, and
then maybe Windows will stop trying to update it, perhaps???
<http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx>

From my archives, here's how to use that site.
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323166>

For example, here's the legacy driver I always have issues installing.
<http://www.easydriverpro.com/driver-update/printers/hp/laserjet-2100/laserjet-2100-windows-10.html>

BTW, to download Sumo/Dumo, I think you'd better hurry based on this
<https://www.kcsoftwares.com/?buy>
Termination notice
KC Softwares activities are to be terminated by end of October 2023.
All products are to be considered as End-Of-Life (EOL) on October 31st 2023.
Sales are stopped.

SUMo
DUMo
IDPhotoStudio
VideoInspector
KCleaner
HDDExpert
RAMExpert
BATExpert
PortExpert
dot11Expert
MassCert
Startup Sentinel
Zer0
AudioGrail
PhotoToFilm
AVIToolbox
ApHeMo
K-ML
KFK
Ignition
Vampix
K-Mail (Active-X)
K-FTP (Active-X)
etc.
--
It's almost worthless to solve a problem and only help one person doing it.
So I added the printer and freeware newsgroups, both of which are archived.