HP Laserjet 4L and Trakker 250

Andy Hill

Feb 8, 1995, 3:58:18 PM2/8/95
Andrew Wing (agw...@astro.ocis.temple.edu) wrote:
: Anyone from HP or CMS care to comment on this one?
:
Well, considering that CMS is HP these days, I guess that narrows down
who should respond...

: I downloaded the latest drivrers for the laserjet from HP's ftp server.
: I have installed them according to the directions in the file, and it
: seems to work now, except that all of windows locks up after using the
:
Isn't the Trakker a parallel-port backup? If that's the case, I have a
feeling that the bidirectional communications stuff is getting confused.
Probably should disable the LaserJet Status Window (check the installation
disks for a DEINSTALL program).

Andrew Wing

Feb 8, 1995, 2:05:42 PM2/8/95
Anyone from HP or CMS care to comment on this one?

--------------
[ Article crossposted from alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 ]
[ Author was James N. Petersen (jpet...@che.wsu.edu) ]
[ Posted on Mon, 6 Feb 1995 14:33:26 GMT ]

I downloaded the latest drivrers for the laserjet from HP's ftp server.
I have installed them according to the directions in the file, and it
seems to work now, except that all of windows locks up after using the

I am not quick to blame the trakker, I am quick to blame HP as they have
been releasing inferior drivers, and giving non-existant technical
support for some time.

Jim

brenda.l.harris (blha...@cbnews.cb.att.com) wrote:
: In article <D36AK...@serval.net.wsu.edu>,
: James N. Petersen <jpet...@che.wsu.edu> wrote:
: >I have recently acquired an HP LaserJet 4L printer and placed int on my
: >serial port, together with my Trakker 250 taple packup unit. Now, I
: >cannot use the Trakker, and the Laserjet software keeps popping up a
: >window about an unknown return code. Obviously, the trakker and the
: >laserjet are interacting, with the trakker intercepting some of the
: >codes from the printer. How do I go about fixing this problem? Is it a
: >software issue (do I need updated drivers from someone) or is it
: >possible that there is not a solution to this problem?
: >
: >Thanks in advance.
: >
: >Jim Petersen
: >

: Don't be so quick to blame the Trakker. I recently saw a post (my
: apologies to the author for not remembering his.her name) that said
: there is a known bug in the 4L drivers that come with the printer.
: I did as suggested and called HP to get the new drivers, and that
: solved my problem.
: The drivers are Version 1.35, and work for all Laserjet 4 printers.
: I believe the HP number I called was 208-323-2551.

: Good luck.
: brenda
: blha...@attmail.com

--
Politics is not the art of persuasion, it's the science of selfishness.

"Any disclaimer issued by me is subject to change without notice"
Andy Wing Temple U. Computer Services agw...@astro.ocis.temple.edu

KP KP

Aug 2, 2022, 11:19:07 AM8/2/22
kluns