mpirun under IRIX

Joerg Haber

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00

Hi all,

I've got a problem with the mpirun command under IRIX 6.5: I'd like to
run a master/slave program on a couple of SGI's. However, I cannot run
the slave on more than two different machines. To make things clear,
I'll give an example:

All these examples work:
haberj@host_a % mpirun -a myarray 1 master : host_a 1 slave
haberj@host_a % mpirun -a myarray 1 master : host_b 1 slave
haberj@host_a % mpirun -a myarray 1 master : host_c 1 slave
haberj@host_a % mpirun -a myarray 1 master : host_a,host_b 1 slave
haberj@host_a % mpirun -a myarray 1 master : host_a,host_c 1 slave

This doesn't work:
haberj@host_a % mpirun -a myarray 1 master : host_b,host_c 1 slave
haberj@host_a % mpirun -a myarray 1 master : host_a,host_b,host_c 1 slave

The only feedback I get is a "MPI: could not run executable" message.
The problem is symmetric for a different master host:

This works:
haberj@host_b % mpirun -a myarray 1 master : host_a,host_b 1 slave
haberj@host_b % mpirun -a myarray 1 master : host_b,host_c 1 slave

This doesn't work:
haberj@host_b % mpirun -a myarray 1 master : host_a,host_c 1 slave
haberj@host_b % mpirun -a myarray 1 master : host_a,host_b,host_c 1 slave

How do I manage to get my slave program run on more than two different
hosts? Has it something to do with the configuration of the array service
under IRIX? The latter seems to be configured correctly:

haberj@host_a % ascheck
Obtaining list of known servers
Obtaining server configuration details
Contacting individual servers for network, array and machine information
host_a: <net> me myarray
host_b: <net> me myarray
host_c: <net> me myarray
Analyzing configuration data

No errors were found in the current array configuration

One more observation: in contradiction to the man page for mpirun, the
following does not work:
haberj@host_a % mpirun -a myarray host_a 1 master : host_a 1 slave
haberj@host_a % mpirun -a myarray host_a 1 master : host_b 1 slave
^^^^^^
the specification of any host name in this place always results in an
"MPI: could not run executable" error.

I'd greatly appreciate any hints or comments.

Regards, Joerg

--
Jörg Haber EMail: hab...@mpi-sb.mpg.de
Max-Planck-Institut f. Informatik Tel.: +49-681-9325-421

pow...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2015, 9:07:21 PM2/21/15
Have same problem not possible run one app inmy two SGI machine one quad and other mono.

Thanks