parallel linear system solver

Paul J

Oct 23, 2004, 2:47:10 PM10/23/04
I have a beowulf cluster of 4 nodes(ok really small) and am looking for a
good and easy to implement linear solver(Ax=b). My problems are real,
symmetric, and only the upper triagle of A is stored. The matrices A and b
are created by the finite element method and need to solve for x. I need
to solve problems with more than 200,000 equations(6,000,000 non-zeros)
with the sparse matrix format being:

row# col# val

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Paul

Randy Crawford

Oct 25, 2004, 12:38:13 AM10/25/04

For a larger list of solvers, visit:

http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~neum/software.html#lin_dir

Some popular parallel (MPI) sparse linear solvers are:

Aztec http://www.cs.sandia.gov/CRF/aztec1.html
SuperLU http://www.nersc.gov/~xiaoye/SuperLU/
PetSC http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-2/

Randy

--
Randy Crawford http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~rand rand AT rice DOT edu

nnik

Nov 6, 2014, 10:04:35 PM11/6/14
dear paul have u find how to solve your system?
I am doing the same job and I need a help
I will be apriciate if I can have your email adress