Loader error in Tornado while downloading the image

mudits...@yahoo.co.in

Jan 5, 2006, 6:10:46 AM1/5/06
I have a PowerPC750 board with 128 MB RAM.On one occasion when i try to
download an image of around 36 MB through tornado the loader throws the
following error:

WTX Error 0x10034 (LOADER_RELOCATION_OFFSET_TOO_LARGE)
On another instance an image of even 80 MB downloads without any error.
Only difference between the first and the second image is that some
functionalities like SNMP,ALARM are enabled in the first image but are
disabled in the second one.
Moreover,if i shutdown the target server and restart it 4 to 5 times
then the first image downloads without any error.Can anyone tell me the
reason for this behaviour?

Martin Raabe

Jan 5, 2006, 8:01:54 AM1/5/06
What Tornado Version are we talking about? 2.0, 2.2, 2.2.1?
And on which host) Win XP, Win2000, Solaris or HP-UX?

--
BaSystem Martin Raabe
E: Martin.Raabe<at>B-a-S-y-s-t-e-m<dot>de

mudits...@yahoo.co.in

Jan 5, 2006, 11:07:41 AM1/5/06
it is Tornado 2.0 and host is WinXP

thanks

Jon.S...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2006, 7:56:56 PM1/5/06
In my limited experience, WTX Error 0x10034 can be solved by compiling
with the option -mlongcall
I have no idea why 4-5 repetitions solves this problem.

Martin Raabe

Jan 6, 2006, 3:50:52 AM1/6/06
Hello muditsimlote,

mudits...@yahoo.co.in schrieb:

> it is Tornado 2.0 and host is WinXP

I am not sure, if this is the same symptom, but also on WinXP and
Tornado 2.0 I experienced instability on downloading large images.
The solution has been to introduce another PC, where the target server
has been located. So I had PC1 carrying Tornado and PC2 carrying the
registry and the target server.
The download errors disappeared completely and the download speed
increased as well.
To achieve that set the remote registry in PC1's Tornado to point to PC2.

Hope it helps.

Graham Baxter

Jan 6, 2006, 4:22:30 AM1/6/06
Yes, longcall is the correct option to use.

It might be every time you load you are loading into a different address.

Eventually, the address referred to by your downloadable object are within
range.

--

Regards,

Graham Baxter - AVAILABLE SOON FOR A NEW ASSIGNMENT
Freelance Software Engineer (VxWorks, Linux and pSOS BSPs)
Graham Baxter (Software) Limited
http://www.gbsw.co.uk
fromn...@NOSPAMgbsw.co.uk

<Jon.S...@gmail.com> wrote in message