BSP makefile problems

Matt Osminer

Jun 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/15/00
Anybody seen a problem under Windows NT where you go to the command line
console and try to build your BSP with the given makefile and receive a
bunch of "system cannot find file specified" errors?

For example I type "make vxWorks" to build a downloadable image. I receive
something like the following:

process_begin: CreateProcess((null), vxrm usrConfig.o, ... ) failed.
make(e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make: [usrConfig.o] Error 2 (ignored)
ccmips -Bc:/tornado2/host/x86-win32/lib/gcc-lib/ -c -EB -mgp32 -mcpu=r4000 -
mips2 -non_shared -G
0 -ansi -pedantic -nostdinc -O2 -funroll-loops -fno-for-scope -Wall -I/h
-I. -Ic:/tornado2/target/config/all -Ic:/tornado2/target/h -Ic:/tornado2/tar
get/src/config -Ic:/tornado2/target/src/drv -DCPU=RC32364 -DMIPSEB -DCPU_VAR
=RC32364 -msoft-float c:/tornado2/target/config/all/usrConfig.c -o
usrConfig.o

repeat ad noseum for each file thereafter.

I've triple checked my environment variables and they're OK. I've cut and
pasted the command line into a batch file and it runs fine. I get a new
usrConfig and everything. Any other thoughts suggestions or comments would
be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Edsel Harrell

Jun 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/16/00
I've seen it ... but in my case it has always been environment
("path" specifically) not being set correctly
by the TORVARS.BAT routine...

Other case was trying to run it on a machine that didn't have
tornado installed... -:(

Recently someone else reported a problem where some of
the directories associated with Tornado related stuff had
become "HIDDEN" (not obvious if NT windose explorer is
set to always show hidden files/dirs)... looked like it was
there, but "make" couldn't see the "bin" dirs...

Matt Osminer wrote:

--
Edsel A. Harrell, Jr (voice) (972) 575-6468 (email)
e...@raytheon.com

"Proofread Carefully to See if You Any Words Out"

DISCLAIMER: I speak only for myself, not my employer.
EXCEPTION: If any of my ideas are worth more than $0.02, then they are
property of my employer.

eah.vcf

standardp...@gmail.com

May 1, 2020, 1:41:20 PM5/1/20
Edsel Harrell,

IDK if you are still around, but I thought this was funny.

You will never guess what I was just doing 20 years later. That's right, modifying and recompiling an old Raytheon vXworks BSP. And the makefile was rejecting my very minor modification giving the error "system cannot find file specified". Turns out "//" is invalid syntax for making comments in C before 1999 (I was born in 94).

Thought it was pretty cool to run into this exchange on Google!

-Kyle Struck