VxWorks Source level debugging

Joe, WB2JQT

Mar 4, 2010, 8:48:33 AM3/4/10
I am using Workbench 3.1 to build and run c++ applications. Recently I
have been trying to use the On-Chip debug feature of workbench and I
am having a problem wirth debugging at the source level. I got the
emulator to connect to the target, set a breakpoint, and when I run
the application to the correct point I hit the breakpoing. The display
brings up a view of the assembly code. I would like to be able to
debug at the source level. I think what is happening is that the tool
does not know where the associated source files are (although I use
the source file to set the breakpoint!). There is a right click menu
option for "source stepping mode" but when I choose that nothing
happens. In the help file under "Stepping into Disassembled code" I
find "This is useful when the instruction pointer enters a function
for which it does not have the source". I think this is what is
happening, but I can't find the right place to add my source files so
that the debugger can find them.

Anyone have any insight as to what I need to set to get it to
recognize the source during debugging ?

Additional information - This is not code that I download using the
debugger. The flash boot on the board sets up the hardware and then
attaches to another processor and downloads its operational program
into ram via a shared memory interface. After download we jump to the
loaded file in ram. So. The program I am trying to debug is already in
ram, I set the debugger to attach to the processor without doing a
reset and things *appear* to work. When i add a breakpoint in the
source code and then perform the steps that should get me to the
breakpoint, it does break.

Thanks !
Joe

Kanicule

Mar 5, 2010, 3:50:16 AM3/5/10

Joe,

This sounds like a path mapping not properly set. I would first review
all path mapping for this OCD connection. This is in the target
connection properties->Object path mapping.

Hope this helps

Philippe

Francis Guzikowski

Sep 30, 2020, 6:34:38 PM9/30/20