Looking for Dell Unity Sites

Rob

May 19, 2022, 7:09:26 AM5/19/22
Hi all. We have a new Unity SAN that’s we’re trying to get running, but I’ve run into a problem with SSH. Is there anyone else out there running a Unity? It doesn’t have to be attached to OpenVMS as this has nothing to do with the storage side of it, but the TCP/IP admin connections.

If you can help answer a couple of questions and maybe run a quick test, please contact me via ratk...@penguinrandomhouse.co.uk.

Cheers, Robert.

Ian Miller

May 20, 2022, 9:24:46 AM5/20/22
which version of SSH are you running on which version of VMS on what architecture?

HP TCPIP V5.7 is very out of date

Bob Gezelter

May 21, 2022, 7:05:22 PM5/21/22
Robert,

OpenVMS SSH (at least the VSI TCP/IP 5.7 version) is very behind on support for encryption. Have had similar issues in other contexts.

First suggestion: When initiating an SSH connection, use the option that enables full trace of the steps in the connection sequence. Capture that output. It will show fairly precisely what is happening.

If you wish to continue this off group, I can be contacted directly via email or via my firm's www site.

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com

Stephen Hoffman

May 21, 2022, 8:06:24 PM5/21/22
On 2022-05-21 23:05:20 +0000, Bob Gezelter said:

> OpenVMS SSH (at least the VSI TCP/IP 5.7 version) is very behind on
> support for encryption. Have had similar issues in other contexts.

TCP/IP Services V5.7 with recent patches is minimally adequate for most
ssh uses.

Folks using ssh will probably V5.7-ECO5o or later.

As per usual, check with VSI for the current patches for SSH.

The availability of OpenSSH is in progress at VSI.

--
Pure Personal Opinion | HoffmanLabs LLC