OPC Syslog ?

issinoho

Jun 1, 2021, 7:53:02 AM6/1/21
I recently stumbled on this, which is exactly what I'm looking for, but there seems to be nothing else I can find on this. Does this exist? Commercial, Freeware? Download link?

https://openvmsworld.blogspot.com/2020/01/openvms-syslog-client-for-installation.html

Anyone know anything?

TIA.

Jilly

Jun 1, 2021, 10:02:42 AM6/1/21

Arne Vajhøj

Jun 1, 2021, 10:09:52 AM6/1/21
On 6/1/2021 10:02 AM, Jilly wrote:
> In article <b03245de-7645-4f5c...@googlegroups.com>, issinoho <ia...@issinoho.com> wrote:
>> I recently stumbled on this, which is exactly what I'm looking for, but there
>> seems to be nothing else I can find on this. Does this exist? Commercial,
>> Freeware? Download link?
>>
>> https://openvmsworld.blogspot.com/2020/01/openvms-syslog-client-for-installatio
>> n.html
>>
>> Anyone know anything?
>
> https://vmssoftware.com/products/syslogd/

I doubt that is the same.

That blog post says:

"OPC_SYSLOG is used to read OpenVMS OPCOM messages and to transfer them
to a SYSLOG server"

which is not the same as a syslogd server.

Arne

Marc Van Dyck

Jun 1, 2021, 11:48:20 AM6/1/21
After serious thinking Arne Vajhøj wrote :
I have installed the SYSLOGD tool from VSI. I use it to transfer
selected audit messages to an alarming tool via the syslog protocol.
I think - if I remember well - that this tool can also be configured
to transfer OPC messages. I can't check for the moment, but I think
that the syslogd config file can contain instruction to transmit
messages from selected OPC classes. To be verified, but I'm almost
sure.

--
Marc Van Dyck
Message has been deleted

issinoho

Jun 1, 2021, 12:07:00 PM6/1/21
It looks like syslogd can broadcast received syslog messages via OPCOM, which is the opposite of what the originally linked utility (apparently) does.