change reply address

Uwe Wittenberg

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
How can I change the reply-address from
the mails I send from my VMS(7.2) workstation?

Thanks for your help.
Uwe Wittenberg

Joseph Huber

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
In Article <3856721e...@news.merck.de>

Would You mind to tell us , which SMTP software is in use on Your system
(UCX/Dec TCPIP services, Multinet, MX, PMDF ...) ?

For MX , the users guide says:

1.5 Redirecting Replies
Normally when you send a message via MX from your VMS
account, the message will include information that
will direct any replies to the message back to your
VMS account. If you would rather have replies go to
a different account, or to an account on a different
system, you can define the logical name MX_REPLY_TO to
include this information in the message:
$ DEFINE MX_REPLY_TO "user@host"
Note that you should not include the MX% prefix on the
address, and you should not change quotation marks to
apostrophes when you specify the address.
To have this reply address included in your messages
every time you login, include the DEFINE command in
your LOGIN.COM file.

Uwe Wittenberg

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
On Wed, 15 Dec 99 11:53:56 +100, hu...@mppmu.mpg.de (Joseph Huber)
wrote:

>In Article <3856721e...@news.merck.de>
>uwe.wit...@merck.de (Uwe Wittenberg) writes:
>>How can I change the reply-address from
>>the mails I send from my VMS(7.2) workstation?
>>Thanks for your help.
>>Uwe Wittenberg
>
>Would You mind to tell us , which SMTP software is in use on Your system
>(UCX/Dec TCPIP services, Multinet, MX, PMDF ...) ?

We use DEC TCP/IP Service V5.0.

Uwe Wittenberg