Need RSTS V10.1 password

John Bennett

Dec 23, 2023, 6:19:34 AM12/23/23
I have successfully booted RSTS v10.1 under simh on a Mac. At the end of startup, the console logs out and I have no way of logging in without a password for a system account. What is the [1,2] password please (or another privileged account)
Thanks in anticipation

bill

Dec 23, 2023, 4:10:34 PM12/23/23
On 12/23/2023 6:19 AM, John Bennett wrote:
> I have successfully booted RSTS v10.1 under simh on a Mac. At the end of startup, the console logs out and I have no way of logging in without a password for a system account. What is the [1,2] password please (or another privileged account)
> Thanks in anticipation

The password is whatever the person who created the image you used
gave it.

Try this.

Start the boot.
After the prompt:
Proceed with system startup? <YES>

When the messages start to print hit a bunch of ^C.
You should have a "$." prompt. Your in as 1,2 and can use the
SET PASSWORD command to make it whatever you want.

Been a long time since I hacked a RSTS System but I just tried
it and it worked. ;-}

bill

John Bennett

Dec 24, 2023, 5:24:32 AM12/24/23
Thanks Bill, That worked.
Have you tried the Y2K patch?
John

bill

Dec 24, 2023, 8:58:44 AM12/24/23
The version I m running is already Y2Ked.
Don't remember where it came from.

bill