WinQFile and QFile available

Akhilesh Mritunjai

Sep 22, 2002, 11:01:43 AM9/22/02
Hello everybody

First release versions of WinQFile and QFile are available. This is a stable
beta (oxymoron?) version. Don't ask me what "stable beta" means... probably
it is stable cuz it didn't crash or misbehave once, and its beta 'cuz it may
be too early to call it v1.0 :-) ).

WinQFile is a GUI application that lets you access your QNX partitions/files
and
files in it.
QFile is Command line equivalent... suitable for remote/scripting (work in
progress on scripting support and QFS file access).

Both applications use read-only access for maximum safety.

WinQFile : http://www.qnxzone.com/~mritun/WinQFile.zip ,
http://mritun.qnx.org.ru/WinQFile.zip ,
http://www.me.iitb.ac.in/~mritun/WinQFile.zip

QFile : http://www.qnxzone.com/~mritun/QFile.zip ,
http://mritun.qnx.org.ru/QFile.zip ,
http://www.me.iitb.ac.in/~mritun/QFile.zip

Do let me know of your suggestions/feature-requests/bug-reports at
mritun#me,iitb,ac,in (Please replace # by @ and , by .).
There is room for lot of improvements in usability, but these two are best
what I can make over a weekend.

NOTE: WinQFile and QFile can only be used for Non-Commercial purpose and
only by individuals. Please see "About" box and ZIP file comments for
details.

Thanks
--
Regards
- Akhilesh Mritunjai

Akhilesh Mritunjai

Sep 24, 2002, 4:00:54 PM9/24/02
Hi everybody

Update:

1) Bugfix version of WinQFile (GUI Version) is available.
Fixes:
1) Pressing cross button displays About dialog instead of closing
window. (FIXED)
Reason: I am an innocent VC newbie :) Blame VC for crosstalk. I
haven't yet understood
how it managed to screw the message maps.

2) Partition list is not updated after selecting another disk in
combo. (FIXED)
Reason: My fault :-) Didn't wrote code for that.

3) Files with more than one extent are not copied correctly. (FIXED)
Reason: My fault :) Copied code from directory scanning function
and forgot to edit.

The debug window has been made more verbose to help debugging.
2) Bugfix version of command line version QFile *won't* be available for
public download. Email me if you are interested.

Thanks

PS. I was surprized over the 'fact' that most files fit in a single extent.
This was the reason that the bug (3) went unnoticed for so long.

--
Regards
- Akhilesh Mritunjai

"Akhilesh Mritunjai" <~mritun~@REMOVETHISBIT.me.iitb.ac.in.ANDTHISLASTBIT>

er...@shufro.com

Apr 10, 2018, 10:17:14 AM4/10/18
Where can i find the application? The links above do not work.

Thanks

--Eric

saat...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2020, 4:51:09 AM3/12/20
Dear sir,

The above links are not working. is it possible, to send new links or send it via email?

Best Regards
Ali Saati