NTP

5 vues

Guillermo Gimenez de Castro

non lue,
20 janv. 2003, 15:49:5320/01/2003
From the QNX public site I downloaded the sources for QNX 4.2X of an
NTP 1 server/client. After applying the patch already included with
the distribution, "make" exit with the following errors

ntp.h(87): Error! E1044: Variable 'sin' has incomplete type
ntp.h(88): Error! E1044: Variable 'bcast' has incomplete type
ntp.h(88): Error! E1044: Variable 'sin' has incomplete type
.... [cut]

ntp.h is part of the distribution.

Has anybody compiled this ntp implementation for QNX?
Thank you in advance for helping me.

Guigue

Guillermo Giménez de Castro
Centro de Rádio-Astrônomia e Astrofísica Mackenzie (CRAAM)

Rua da Consolação 896 Tel: ++55(11) 3236-8717
Predio Amantino Vassão - 2 andar Fax: ++55(11) 3214-2300
01302-907, S.Paulo, SP http://www.craam.mackenzie.br/~guigue
Brasil

Lyle Beaulac

non lue,
18 févr. 2003, 00:28:1418/02/2003

"Guillermo Gimenez de Castro" <gui...@craam.mackenzie.br> wrote in message

From the QNX public site I downloaded the sources for QNX 4.2X of an
NTP 1 server/client. After applying the patch already included with
the distribution, "make" exit with the following errors

ntp.h(87): Error! E1044: Variable 'sin' has incomplete type
ntp.h(88): Error! E1044: Variable 'bcast' has incomplete type
ntp.h(88): Error! E1044: Variable 'sin' has incomplete type
.... [cut]

ntp.h is part of the distribution.

Has anybody compiled this ntp implementation for QNX?
Thank you in advance for helping me.

Response:
The NTP distribution you downloaded is very old, being NTP 1.0, and I never
got it to work to any degree of satisfaction.

I have used the xntpd-3.5f distribution also available from the free QNX
downloads, and it compiles (fairly) cleanly under 4.2X, but there are
several problems with it that prevent the xntpd daemon from running well
under QNX 4. You should make sure you have the latest OS patch (rev. E, I
think), you might need to specify the system clock frequency to Proc32, and
you may need to write your own adjtime() function. And oh, yes, the Watcom
settimeofday() function isn't documented, but it is there and it is broken
(it doesn't actually set the fractional seconds to what you specify, but
rather sets them to 0).

If you can wait for a bit, I am working on porting the latest version of NTP
(4.1.1c) to both QNX 6 and 4. I have daemons running on both OS versions,
but the hard bit is figuring out how to configure the autoconf scripts so
they will work seamlessly with both versions. QNX 4 is turning out to be a
real challenge in that regard. Lots of things missing and lots of poor
assumptions made by the configure script.

If you can't wait, respond to this and I'll email you the NTP 4 binaries for
QNX 4.

Regards,
Lyle Beaulac

Répondre à tous