Windows utility to format Compact flash cards in pHILE+ system

ravi...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2008, 1:13:59 PM7/31/08

I am looking for a windows utility that will allow me to format
Compact flash cards in pHILE+ file system.

Is there such a utility?

Thanks in advance,

Ravikumar

Dietmar Schindler

Aug 1, 2008, 4:08:19 AM8/1/08
Hello,

ravi3...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am looking for a windows utility that will allow me to format
> Compact flash cards in pHILE+ file system.
>
> Is there such a utility?

... not to my knowledge. Therefore we are using MS-DOS FAT formatted
CompactFlash cards with pSOS.

spw

Aug 5, 2008, 2:18:39 PM8/5/08
If you format a card on your device using pHILE+, you can capture a
raw image of the card on your PC using a utility such as Elan's Memory
Card Explorer or SoftDrive Professional and then burn that image to
other cards.

Also, the pSOS System Concepts manual contains a description of the
layout of a pHILE+ volume, in the section titled "How pHILE+ Format
Volumes Are Organized" (section 5.7.2 in pSOS 3.0). Using this
description, and card dumps, an engineer here was able to write a perl
script that generates files containing a filesystem that we then burn
using Memory Card Explorer. You could do the same and write a windows
program.