JVM for pSOS

floor...@googlemail.com

Mar 30, 2009, 9:53:50 AM3/30/09

I am currently looking for Java Virtual Machine implementations for
pSOS. Searching the web did get some results but nothing which looks
very promising. Below is a list of VMs that I found. Most of them are
not supported anymore or disappeared nearly completely.

pJAVA - Some sites claim that SUNs pJAVA used to run on pSOS,
unfortunately SUN does no longer support or offer pJAVA (see SUNs End-
Of-Life Announcement).

kaffe - With the closing of transvirtual.com (the domain is now owned
by another company doing different stuff), the port of kaffe for pSOS
seems to have disappeared.

JBed / Jeode - I did not get a reply from Esmertec yet, so I am not
really sure if current versions of Jeode/JBed run on pSOS (AFAIK Jeode
is now JBed?).

PERC - Aonix still seems to offer PERC for pSOS. The reply from Aonix
is also still pending.

Has anyone some more information about VMs that run (or that are
supposed to run) on top of pSOS?

Is there anyone who has used kaffe on pSOS and is by any chance in
posession of the sources ;-). Since kaffe is GPL the pSOS-Port should
have been GPL, too.

Thanks in advance,

Peter