Old PSOS system on old MVME 110 cards

jc

Mar 28, 2008, 12:13:22 AM3/28/08
to jim.cl...@gm.com
Hello.
I have an engine testing system (in manufacturing environment) with
the unsupported motorola cards MVME110 (68000 CPU) and pSOS OS. This
was set up in 1998.

I would like to be able to port this system to a more recent and
supported hardware platform. Ideally this would be a similar and
supported VME backplan system.

Can anyone suggest a suitable hardware alternative (that lends itself
for porting of the current system)?

The current system is written in C.

Regards JC......

Martin Raabe

Mar 28, 2008, 4:09:10 AM3/28/08
Hello Jim,

jc schrieb:

Does this mean, you look for a 68K replacement board?
Or do you look for a VMEbus board with any processor architecture where
you expect your C-application to be ported to?

Please clearify.

Take care.

Martin
--
BaSystem Martin Raabe
E: Martin.Raabe<at>B-a-S-y-s-t-e-m<dot>de

jc

Mar 29, 2008, 12:44:51 AM3/29/08
On Mar 28, 7:09 pm, Martin Raabe <Martin.Raabe@NOSPAM_BaSystem.de>
wrote:
> E: Martin.Raabe<at>B-a-S-y-s-t-e-m<dot>de- Hide quoted text -

Martin,

The most desirable situation is that I can get MVME 110 boards (and so
have spares to run production).
I would be looking for 5+ boards.

Next best option, I imagine is that a similar 68K type of board (which
has the Motorola IO bus with the VME bus) would be available.
The software would be ported with pSOS available on such a board (ie
the appropriate board support package). So only the CPU boards and SW
are changed.

Outside of the above the whole VME rack needs redesign. Perhaps still
using pSOS with ported software.

The current system is 8 machines. Each machine has a VME rack. These
racks each have;
1) Two MVME 110 cards
2) One non volatile memory card (shared memory)
3) Each MVME 110 cards connects to a separate Motorola IO bus.
4) One Motorola IO bus connects to RS 232 cards
5) The other Motorola bus connects to A/D convertor.

Regards JC.....