pSOS+ still in use?

Johann Klasek - swap last two domainparts

Sep 10, 2012, 5:20:24 AM9/10/12

Hi folks,

is there still any application or usage of pSOS+ based systems in the
wild - or did all converted to VxWorks or other? I think there must be
many systems still in production, even development for this environment
is probably dead ... I'm just interested in after doing support and
development many years ago ;)

It would be also interesting if other CPU platform had established ...
I was mainly involved in the 68K line, but i960, 88K, 386 was
also distributed - has anyone used one of these other architectures?

Johann

jeanfranc...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2014, 5:08:29 AM4/14/14

Hi Johann

pSOS is not dead !!!!
or just for me :(
I'm a developper and I work on an existing system which is based on pSOS.
Unfortunately it is so difficult to find documentation and especially example on pSOS.
My current job is to redirect the stdout and the stderr of pSOS on a serial link.
The objective is to recover more informations in case of crash due to bug of the software because currently errors are not really catched.
I will be really great if you have any informations to give to me.

Jeff

Martin Raabe

Jun 29, 2014, 4:20:40 AM6/29/14
Hello Jean Francois,
what is your pSOSystem Version and processor architecture?
Nowadays it is not clear, that poeple use the latest and greatest
version of pSOSystem.

Greeting from a former ISI Supporter

Martin
--
BaSystem Martin Raabe
E: Martin.Raabe<at>B-a-S-y-s-t-e-m<dot>de

jeanfranc...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2014, 9:03:04 AM8/5/14
Hello Martin

Thanks for your reply.
I had read some documentation on redirect stdout and I have seen that "freopen" was the function which able me to do that but I don't understand how I have to call the function, what argument I have to use ?
First, I think that SC_PREPC has to be set to YES to activate a set of functions like "printf".
Then I have to call "freopen" but I dont understand the prototype of the function :

FILE * freopen ( const char * filename, const char * mode, FILE * stream );

stream is the stream that I want to reopen, in my case stdout or stderr
mode is the access mode, in my case "w" or "w+"

filename gives me more problem.
How can I specify my serial link ?
I don't find any example for it. I have find several example for a file, with or without pathname but never for a material device.
Can you help me ?
I use pSOSystem 2.5 and a PowerPC 8270.
The serial link is already used by a applicative task, is it forbidden ?
Can I specify the configuration of the link (baud rate, bit start, bit stop, nb data bit) to Psos ?

Thanks a lot

Jean-Francois

Martin Raabe

Aug 7, 2014, 6:28:44 PM8/7/14
Hello Jean-Francois,
the serial line is a device, which can be addresses as major and minor
device number. You should be able to see this in the application
examples. The major number is determined in the config file, the minor
number is hard coded in thre respective driver.
To change baudrate etc. do the settings before the freopen.
Attention: Please negitioate the settings with the "applicative task" as
well as the use of it. The serial line could be sharable, but I'm not
quite sure.

Unfortunately I don't have a running pSOSystem / license.

In my former life I sold pSOSystem to the european world. :-)

Hope it helps

Martin