Opinions on diab compilers?

spw

Mar 6, 2009, 11:23:13 AM3/6/09
Hi all.

I'm looking for opinions and experiences with the diab compiler suite
that shipped with pSOS+, with respect to upgrading from 4.3g to 4.4b.
We currently are using 4.3 on solaris workstations, but are migrating
toward linux. 4.4 includes support for linux, but some of our
engineers seem to remember a former ISI employee suggesting we stick
with 4.3.

Also, is anyone aware of any issues with using the cross compiler on
two different host platforms simultanously?

Thanks,

-spw

Martin Raabe

Mar 15, 2009, 5:30:09 AM3/15/09

Hello spw,

spw schrieb:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm looking for opinions and experiences with the diab compiler suite
> that shipped with pSOS+, with respect to upgrading from 4.3g to 4.4b.
> We currently are using 4.3 on solaris workstations, but are migrating
> toward linux. 4.4 includes support for linux, but some of our
> engineers seem to remember a former ISI employee suggesting we stick
> with 4.3.

I did a migration from 4.3g to 5.1 for PowerPC for a customer years back.
The C part has been easy, the C++ part needed to have a recompiled C++
startup and lib code.

I would either stay on 4.3g or jump to the latest version, 5.3 I guess.

> Also, is anyone aware of any issues with using the cross compiler on
> two different host platforms simultanously?

I did not observe a host platform difference in the past (since 1995).

Take care

Martin

--
BaSystem Martin Raabe
E: Martin.Raabe<at>B-a-S-y-s-t-e-m<dot>de

spw

Mar 18, 2009, 10:09:36 AM3/18/09
Thanks...