[9fans] wanted icon "Powered by Plan 9"

for...@caldo.demon.co.uk

Nov 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/22/00
i'd display glenda. that's the universal symbol for plan 9.

pres...@plan9.bell-labs.com

Nov 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/22/00
I'ld display a picture of Boyd to scare people away.

Boyd Roberts

Nov 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/22/00
From: <pres...@plan9.bell-labs.com>

> I'ld display a picture of Boyd to scare people away.

i have on the web my 512x512x8, taken by rob, if you'd like it.

but you have it anyway.

pres...@plan9.bell-labs.com

Nov 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/22/00
Brucee put a 48x48x? version of your picture for seemail on our systems.
Unfortunately, the rendition has a strange shadow under the nose and
a swept enough hairdo that someone asked why I had the name boyd
under all those pictures of hitler.

Boyd Roberts

Nov 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/22/00
you're right. i've just looked at the 512x512x8.
blame rob or rob and the combination of several
days stubble. i'd just flown back from visiting
brucee at the labs in '84. all i had was my
guitar and the clothes i was standing up in;
they'd lost my luggage.

http://www.planete.net/~boyd/boyd.512x512x8.jpg

rob pike

Nov 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/22/00
Speaking as the portraitist, I believe I captured the personality rather well.

-rob

Boyd Roberts

Nov 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/22/00
well i was coerced. you said:

think of berkeley

how does it go?

when i hear the word 'berkeley' i reach for my revolver

Boyd Roberts

Nov 23, 2000, 12:55:37 AM11/23/00
if you want to have a quasi-dynamic 'Powered by Plan 9'
you could try:

http://mapage.noos.fr/boyd/webcam

Doogie

Dec 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/7/00
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/index.html

has two little 'Powered by Plan 9' logos