[9fans] acme label lengths in tags

James A. Robinson

Aug 27, 2013, 9:04:46 AM8/27/13
Do you folks have any solutions to shortening the length
of labels in acme?  Back when I used Wily it had a nice
feature to use environment variables if it found a match,
e.g., one could set h=/Users/jimr and wily would show
$h instead of /Users/jimr in the tag.  Anyone know of
similar techniques in Acme?

Jim

Robert Raschke

Aug 27, 2013, 9:44:06 AM8/27/13
On Plan 9 use bind to create yourself a nice hierarchy. Like 'bind -a /Users/jimr /me' or similar.

Not sure how easy that is under *nix with p9p, haven't tried that yet. And your /Users makes me think you're on Mac.

Robby

James A. Robinson

Aug 27, 2013, 10:09:41 AM8/27/13
On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 6:44 AM, Robert Raschke <rtrl...@googlemail.com> wrote:
On Plan 9 use bind to create yourself a nice hierarchy. Like 'bind -a /Users/jimr /me' or similar.

Not sure how easy that is under *nix with p9p, haven't tried that yet. And your /Users makes me think you're on Mac.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. I'm using plan9port on Mac OS X.

Jim